Subject: Re: Birthday Cake!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 01:01:53 -0800

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Jonathan Periard wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get a Birthday Cake object?

Ummm...what sort of cake are you looking for?  I mean, you can knock out 
a simple extruded disc with candles in a matter of minutes and then use a 
funky diffusity map and/or bump map to provide icing.  Put the whole 
thing on a serving tray with a table, silver-wear, and party favors and 
you'll have a nice looking scene.

This describes the very first paying job I ever did with LightWave...some
rich kid had a birthday party and his parents had the occasion video-taped.
The guys who produced (if you could call it that) the video wanted a nice 
animation to kick the whole thing off, so I pasted the little puke's face 
onto the top of the cake with an appropriate number of candles, flew the 
camera up to the cake and made myself a couple hundred bucks.  This was 
back in mid-1992...LW 2.0 days...boy did that animation suck!  =)

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner